- All questions are based on Liferay best practices when developing for Liferay DXP.
- Unless otherwise indicated in the question, assume a new Liferay installation with no additional plugins installed and no modifications to portal properties.
Back-End Developer 7.3
Put your developer skills to the test with Liferay DXP 7.3 questions on topics including setting up the development environment, the OSGi Framework, real-world applications, and portal search.
90 Min | 50 Questions | 200 USD
Get Prepared for the Exam
Get Prepared for the Exam
70% Passing Score
Example Test Questions
- Liferay DXP 7.3 has an embedded OSGi container.
- Which of the following files does Service Builder use to generate code?
- Which of the following statements about MVC Commands are true?
(Please select all correct answers.)
A. MVC Commands are Liferay’s way of implementing the Render, Action, and Resource Serving phases of a portlet.
B. MVC Commands are implemented as components.
C. MVC Commands are defined in the Java Portlet Specifications JSR 168 and are the default way of supporting various portlet lifecycle methods.
D. MVC Commands keep the portlet class lean, making the phases of the portlet more manageable.
E. MVC Commands must be implemented through the Gogo Shell.
Answer: A, B and D
Each topic will be a percentage of the test below.
Liferay offers developers a platform and a comprehensive set of tools for building web applications. In addition, the Liferay platform is built on OSGi technology: Liferay applications are OSGi applications, and the platform has an embedded OSGi container.
Liferay's user interface relies on portlets but not strictly on the standard portlet specification. Although there are many ways of building out your application's user interface, using the MVC pattern along with portlets as the implementation of the Controller and View Layer is still the essence of Liferay development.
A real-world Liferay application can make use of Liferay's time-saving tools and frameworks.
As a developer, you may sometimes want to add a persistable and manageable attribute to an existing Liferay data model.
All Liferay core services have been designed and generated with the Liferay Service Builder pattern, which automatically generates service wrapper APIs for both remote and local service variants.
Liferay has an extensive search framework. Customization can be done on all layers, from the user interface to the indexing process and index settings.
Liferay DXP has several headless APIs that allow for RESTful interactions with Liferay DXP resources without being tied to Liferay DXP’s UI.
Preparing for the Exam
Achieving recognition as a Liferay Certified Professional Back-End Developer demonstrates that you understand core concepts for developing Liferay modules and know how to follow Liferay best practices to develop robust, elegant, and maintainable solutions based on the Liferay Platform. The exam is designed to be challenging, yet fair for Liferay developers. Here’s how you can succeed:
- Attend the Back-end Developer training course. Attending training is not required before you sit for the exam, but much of the exam material is based on concepts covered in training.
- Review the additional source material. learn.liferay.com is an amazing complementary source of information for the exam.
- Get hands-on development experience. Some of the topics covered on the exam require the kind of knowledge that comes from real experience developing for the Liferay Platform. If you have attended a developer training, be sure you've completed and reviewed all of the exercises presented during class, even the bonus exercises. If you haven't attended training, spend some time developing applications and customizations. It would also be helpful to review Liferay’s source code to ensure you're familiar with Liferay's best practices.
- Show up to the testing center with the required identification and take the 90-minute exam.
How to Register
Liferay Certification exams are administered by Kryterion. Please register for an exam on Kryterion's website.
Registration Fee: $200 USD
Please fill out the form below to verify an individual's completion of an official Liferay Training or Exam.