Liferay DXP Certified Professional Back-End Developer
True/False - Exam candidate will select if the statement presented is true or false.
Multiple Choice Single Answer - Exam candidate will select the one response that most correctly completes the statement presented.
Multiple Choice Multiple Answer - Exam candidate will select all of the responses that correctly complete the statement presented.
- All questions are based on Liferay best practices when developing for Liferay DXP.
- Unless other otherwise indicated in the question, assume a new Liferay installation with no additional plugins installed and no modifications to portal properties.
- The Liferay Platform only supports configuration through the portal-ext.properties file. TrueFalseAnswer: False
- Using Declarative Services, the following properties are defined in the property attribute of the @Component: (Please select all correct answers.)A. If the portlet is instanceableB. If the portlet appears in the "Sample" Display CategoryC. If the portlet can be displayed in Liferay Portal 6.2D. If the portlet has a Language.properties fileAnswer: A, B and D
- The standard methods of the portlet lifecycle in the JSR-286 portlet specification include: (Please select all correct answers.)A. initB. serviceC. renderD. destroyE. notifyAnswer: A, C and D
- A fragment module works in the following phase of the Module Lifecycle: A. ResolvedB. ActiveC. InstalledD. StartingAnswer: A
- The recommended location to declare an entity to be used by Liferay Service Builder is: A. EntityImpl.javaB. entity.xmlC. portal_entity.ftlD. service.xmlAnswer: D
Creating personalized digital experiences across web, mobile and connected devices is the goal of Liferay DXP's framework. You’ll need to know how to add new features using Liferay modules.
|Basic Concepts|| Understand basic development concepts: |
In Liferay, you can deploy new features using Liferay modules. With Portlet Modules, you can create new functionalities.
|Portlet Modules|| You can develop the following to extend DXP out-of-the-box: |
You can use Liferay’s Local and Remote services to customize your developments.
|Liferay Services|| Liferay allows you to use Local or Remote services, for example: |
Liferay Frameworks expand the capabilities of your implementations.
|Liferay Frameworks|| Liferay Frameworks customize the user experience. Be familiar with the following frameworks: |
Upgrading from Liferay 6.X involves moving from plugins to Liferay modules.
This examination overview includes weighting, test objectives, and example content. Example topics and concepts are included to clarify test objectives; they should not be construed as a comprehensive listing of all of the content of this examination.
The Liferay Certified Professional Back-End Developer exam price is based on the country's economic designation by the World Bank.
- Standard test price: USD 225
- Reduced test price: USD 150
Exam Source Material
This exam is based off of the Liferay Training courses Application Developer and Platform Developer as well as the Liferay DXP Developer Guide, containing official documentation and best practices.
Preparing for the Exam
Achieving recognition as a Liferay Certified Professional Back-End Developer demonstrates that you understand core concepts for developing Liferay modules and know how to follow Liferay best practices to develop robust, elegant, and maintainable solutions based on the Liferay Platform. The exam is designed to be challenging, yet fair for Liferay developers. Here’s how you can succeed:
- Attend the Application Developer and Platform Developer courses. Attending training is not required before you sit for the exam, but much of the exam material is based on concepts covered in training.
- Review the additional source material. Liferay Developer Network is an amazing complementary source of information for the exam.
- Get hands-on development experience. Some of the topics covered on the exam require the kind of knowledge that comes from real experience developing for the Liferay Platform. If you have attended a developer training, be sure you've completed and reviewed all of the exercises presented during class, even the bonus exercises. If you haven't attended training, spend some time developing applications and customizations. It would also be helpful to review Liferay’s source code to ensure you're familiar with Liferay's best practices.
- Show up to the testing center with the required identification and take the 90-minute exam.