Liferay DXP 7.1 Certified Professional Front-End Developer
True/False - Exam candidate will select if the statement presented is true or false.
Multiple Choice Single Answer - Exam candidate will select the one response that most correctly completes the statement presented.
Multiple Choice Multiple Answer - Exam candidate will select all of the responses that correctly complete the statement presented.
- All questions are based on Liferay best practices when developing for Liferay DXP.
- Unless other otherwise indicated in the question, assume a new Liferay installation with no additional plugins installed and no modifications to portal properties.
- A page in the Liferay Platform can be configured to use a different theme from the rest of the pages of the Site. TrueFalseAnswer: True
- A portlet can be embedded inside of: (Please select all correct answers.)A. A RoleB. A ThemeC.A LayoutD. A DocumentAnswer: B and C
- To create and deploy a liferay Theme, you need the following tools: (Please select all correct answers.)A. YeomanB. Node.jsC. GulpD. GullE. Liferay Theme GeneratorAnswer: A, B, C, and E
- The command to create a layout is: A. yo layoutB. yo liferay-layoutC. yo liferay-theme:layoutD. yo layout:liferay-themeAnswer: C
- After deploying a Theme and a Layout, in which folder can you see the files of each one? A. dataB. osgi/modulesC. osgi/configsD. osgi/warAnswer: D
When approaching the development of your application’s front-end, Liferay Portal offers a wide range of tools, frameworks, utilities, and mechanisms to make your life easier.
Soy & JSX
Layout templates allow you to set the rows and columns of a page and determine where content can be placed.
|Building Layouts Templates|| |
|Building Themes|| |
In prior versions of Liferay Portal, Velocity templates (.vm files) were the default template language for writing theme markup. But Velocity had limitations. Since Liferay Portal CE 7.0, Freemarker templates (.ftl files) are the default template language, and Velocity templates are deprecated.
|Upgrading Themes||Theme Upgrade|
Liferay Portal offers a powerful set of taglibs that are fully maintained and integrated. They provide common implementations for UI components and utilities to ensure that your app behaves in a very clean and efficient way.
|Front-End Taglibs|| |
There are a number of resources on the platform where you can use templates for styling.
|Customizing the Front-end|| |
This examination overview includes weighting, test objectives, and example content. Example topics and concepts are included to clarify test objectives; they should not be construed as a comprehensive listing of all of the content of this examination.
Standard test price: USD 200
Exam Source Material
This exam is based off of the Liferay Training course Front-end Developer as well as the Liferay DXP 7.1 Developer Guide
Preparing for the Exam
Achieving recognition as a Liferay Certified Professional Front-End Developer demonstrates that you understand core concepts for developing Liferay modules and know how to follow Liferay best practices to develop robust, elegant, and maintainable solutions based on the Liferay Platform. The exam is designed to be challenging, yet fair for Liferay developers. Here’s how you can succeed:
- Attend the Front-end Developer training course. Attending training is not required before you sit for the exam, but much of the exam material is based on concepts covered in training.
- Review the additional source material. Liferay Developer Network is an amazing complementary source of information for the exam.
- Get hands-on development experience. Some of the topics covered on the exam require the kind of knowledge that comes from real experience developing for the Liferay Platform. If you have attended a developer training, be sure you've completed and reviewed all of the exercises presented during class, even the bonus exercises. If you haven't attended training, spend some time developing applications and customizations. It would also be helpful to review Liferay’s source code to ensure you're familiar with Liferay's best practices.
- Show up to the testing center with the required identification and take the 90-minute exam.