Liferay Announces a Platform for the Digital Enterprise
Liferay Digital Experience Platform helps improve customer experiences by bridging organizational silos and processes
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — (May 3, 2016) — Liferay, Inc., which makes software for enterprises, announced today the Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP), designed to help companies create and manage experiences that support the end-to-end customer relationship. With Liferay DXP, digital innovation leaders can enable every business unit in the enterprise to serve the customer consistently, by integrating deeply with business operations and building an understanding of the customer with every interaction.
“Businesses today are moving beyond a narrow focus on marketing to look at the whole experience of their customers,” said Edwin Chung, VP of Product Management for Liferay. “Liferay DXP helps companies present the right personalized experience for the moment: frustrated customers need help, not targeted offers, while a great service experience is an opportunity to upsell. By deeply integrating with the systems that support business units and processes, companies can act on customer sentiment and history to give customers the right resource or offer when they’re ready for it.”
A recent Forrester study* found that the No. 1 technical barrier facing digital experience leaders was inadequate integration with backend systems. Customers expect to have ready access to information locked in these systems, including order status, issues reported, profile information and a history of interactions. The brands that earn customer loyalties will be those that have all enterprise resources and departments available to help the customer. But while many CMS and DXP vendors use targeted content and offers to drive sales, they often fall short of nurturing the relationship with deeper interactions that tie into a company’s business operations.
With Liferay DXP, sales, marketing, support and service teams can truly work together for the customer. The Liferay platform assembles a comprehensive view of the customer from separate systems, uses that insight to improve customer interactions, and integrates those interactions to the company’s operations. Liferay DXP also enables partners and employees to interact with customers to influence sentiment and support the relationship.
Liferay DXP provides:
- Flexible architecture for transformation: Liferay allows you to quickly implement digital strategy and adapt to new digital technologies with reusable microservices and integration with existing applications.
- Experience management: Customer-facing business units that touch customers can design highly personalized experiences, from marketing campaigns to customer service processes, by targeting useful information, offers, and resources to user segments and individuals.
- Single view of the customer: Liferay DXP creates a single customer profile aggregated from all of the customer’s interactions with the company, along with important data points such as customer sentiment, interests and significant conversions.
- Engagement data: Improve customer experiences with access to engagement data such as video content views, click-throughs on targeted content, community activity and social metadata.
- Support for innovative interfaces: DXP is designed to be used with modern UI and app frameworks favored by savvy front-end and mobile developers
For more information about the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, please visit liferay.com/digital-experience-platform.
Liferay DXP will be available for purchase at the end of May 2016.
*Grannan, Mark, et al., “Vendor Landscape: Digital Experience Portals,” Forrester Research, Inc., January 4, 2016
Liferay makes software that helps companies create digital experiences on web, mobile and connected devices. Our platform is open source, which makes it more reliable, innovative and secure. We try to leave a positive mark on the world through business and technology. Companies such as Carrefour, Cisco Systems, Danone, Fujitsu, Lufthansa Flight Training, Siemens, Société Générale and the United Nations use Liferay. Visit us at www.liferay.com.